One song is titled "The Shores of Lough Corrib" extolling the beauty of this part of Ireland and even though he has lived here all his life it was 3000 miles away during one of his first tours of the USA that he got the lyrics of this song. His sister Margaret Flanagan put the music to it and indeed she again joins Matt on the novelty duet track "Are You Mine?" also included on this album.
Apart from his earlier albums "The Green Hills of Erin" and "Memories of Ireland" Matt Cunningham has also released 21 albums of "The Dance Music of Ireland Collection" which are specially designed to teach you the art of Irish Ceili and Set Dancing.
This album is perhaps a new departure for Matt because of the strings and luscious orchestral backing on some of the tracks. So sit back and savour the music and songs of Ireland by going on this musical journey with Matt Cunningham.... North, South, East and "West of the Old River Shannon"
The Track List is
- Reels-Pigeon on the Gate, The Curragh Races, Winter Apples, Come West Along the Shannon
- Song-West of the Old River Shannon
- Jigs-Jackson's Rambles, Katie's Fancy, Andy McGanns, Mooncoin Jig
- Song-The Banks of Lough Corrib
- Reels-The Mountain Rose, The dawn, The Donegal Lasses
- Song-Mo Theaghlach
- Song-Isle of Inishfree
- Song-Are You Mine
- Waltzes-Sonny Brogan, Charlie Lennons
- Air- Concertina and Polka Selection
- Waltz Medley- When Irish Eyes are Smiling, Galway Bay, The Rose of Tralee, The Wild Colonial Boy
- Hornpipes-The Honey Suckle, Kelly's Fancy
- Song-You'll never miss your Mother
- Reel- Pedal to the Metal